What you are missing by not subscribing!
Dollar General site plan rejected
• City looks at Fire Station #2 and T-Street Landfill
By Matthew J. Permar
The applause was loud last week when Glynn County’s Island Planning Commission voted 4-2 to deny the site plan for a proposed Dollar General store on Frederica Rd. on St. Simons Island.
IPC member Stan Humphries made the motion to deny saying the site plan failed to comply with Section 619.4(a) of the county zoning ordinance. William Lawrence seconded and it passed with Humphries, Lawrence, Ed Meadows and Chairman Desiree Watson voting in favor. Preston Kirkendall and Joel Willis voted nay.
At the start of the meeting, staff stated that the applicant, Teramore Development, LLC, asked for the site plan to be deferred to the September meeting.
McKinnon’s runway 16-34 rehab underway
• Runway to be recycled in new process
by Pamela Permar-Shierling
The rehabilitation of McKinnon Airport’s secondary runway, 16-34, is finally underway. The runway was closed last Monday and will remain closed to air traffic until early December.
The $2.2 million project has been split into three phases to try to capture eligible federal funding under the Airport Improvement Program (AIP).
The cost of each phase is as follows:
• Phase I - $1.4 million - paving;
• Phase II - $492,000 - lighting, electrical, and signage; and
• Phase III - $312,000 - taxiway lighting, airfield electrical improvements.
• Glynn Academy among State’s Top 100 High Schools in 2016 Milestones Rankings
• Holiday Inn - Jekyll - opens event space
• On the Ball
• Pew News
• Back Talk
And much more!!!
To read these stories call 912.265.9654 to subscribe today.